• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

http://leonardobarreto.com/

Looks good Leonardo! Creative.

I like everything - except... ;)

1. the animated guestbook icon doesn't gel with the elegance of everything else

2(a). the "contact" area is sensitive to the mouseover - not consistent in my opinion

2(b). the arrow for the contact item points to the left - it seemed cutesy and like you're trying to be clever - again, i do not think this feature is in keeping with the elegance of the rest.

3. nothing happens when I click on the photo, I wish something would happen... I don't know what, but something!

My feedback for what its worth... again, good job.

Ed, Fantastic feed back, thank you

I agree with the animated gif for the guest-book but I sort of fell in love with it. I guess I could kill it, perhaps later..

I don't understand the part about the contact. the idea is that it is a "rollover" same as the other sections, but it is a special one, ... that is why it rolls over, now, the fact that it points to my name is interesting that you noticed and that you think it is too much..

Clicking the photo is a good idea, this image is a stitch of two captures with the Mamiya 35mm and I have to do a better one from the raws, when I do I can send you (if clicked) to a larger one.

It is good to have people in the open forums that can see all of this. Thank you again

Leonardo

Ray West

Hi Leonardo,

I like the home page, reacts quickly. I only 'tested' the personal gallery. When you click 'personal', an image loads. I would expect to click the image to get to the personal gallery. When I get to the gallery, the images load with a couple of arrows and a square block at the the bottom. I would expect to click on the right arrow, and get to the next image, which it does, but I would expect, for the last image in the set, for the arrow to be 'greyed out' - similar for the left arrow and first image. For the square block, I think its in the wrong place, if you want it to go back to the thumbnails. An annoyance is that the arrows move around between images, you can't just hold the mouse and click through. I'm not sure of the benefit of having the thumbnails as a list, you have have to scroll down the page, I wouldn't do that.

Is that enough minor problems to fiddle with?

Best wishes,

Ray

Ray, I like to fiddle in details, thank you very much.

I don't think that Dreamwever permits me to click on the image in the "screen", first of all because when you roll over, for example, the title "personal work", the image changes, so when you roll over the mouse to the image it should change. I would like the page to do that because I believe in intuitive navigation, but I don't know if can be changed and not going flash..

My idea with the buttons is to use the standard cassette player iconos where a triangle pointing to the right is move, a square is stop and pointing to the left rewind, and the other one for "fast rewind" which in my case takes you to home.

I think that I could send you to home after the last image, that is easily done.

The icons don't get grayed out because they are navigation "devices" (and gifs)

What I did in the page of documentary photographs that I took in the war in Nicaragua is to make every image clickable to go to the next, in this case you can have the cursor in one place and just click alone I think I could do that. I will also try to make the icons stay, but may be a bit more difficult.

There are two schools of thought regarding scrolling down or horizontally, I have always been the scroll down type, it is much easier with the mouse weal to scroll down or having them as a list. I don't want to have them in rows of two or tree because they are not diptychs or triptychs (is the spell check working?)

You missed: when you roll over "personal work" there is the image of a plant of "achiote" and has nothing to do with what is inside. I'm working on that...

Thank you again.

Leonardo

Ray West

Hi Leonardo,

I know little about dreamweaver - I don't want to. I still do all my web stuff in raw html, but that's not often, these days.

I think, if you view the source code for the thumbnail pages, it may show the code for linking the thumbnail to the large image. If you copy that (alter the file names accordingly) and paste it into the home page for each image, I reckon you can get it to link to the gallery from the image. I would guess there is a function for doing that.

I understand your idea of the vcr controls, but it does not map correctly. If a gallery is a tape, then fwd would show each image - as a slide show, you'd have a button for the first and last (in your proposed example the first takes you to the gallery - eject button should do that ;-) stop would stop the slide show (and give a blank screen.....) pause would stop the show with the image showing until you hit it again (or after five minutes a blank screen), and add fast fwd and single frame .... You could spend most of your life doing that.

Another thing that may be useful. If you are developing your site, then for your home page -www.xxxx/index.htm or whatever - put a holding page - like your contact details and explain the full site is coming soon - then when you want public comment, load up your web site, but with its home page as /index2.htm, say. Then point your testers to index2. That way, the casual viewer will not see a sequence of changing broken pages, etc. As you finalize concepts, you can copy them over to the main index.htm page and its links. But, then it may be good to let everyone see the struggle in development of the site.

Best wishes,

Ray