• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I got my new lens today. a Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG MACRO

Jim Olson

And what a difference.
Here is a crop that would normally be grainier.

Here is the full image take from 750 feet away from this building

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,
What is a “cell site”?

It is what is more precisely known as a cell base station. They consist of a number of transmitter-receivers and an array of antennas. It is the fixed radio installation that serves a cell within a cellular wireless telephone system.

Of course, each one is a "site" (or, more precisely, is at a site), so somehow it has become most common in the industry to call them cell sites.

Among civilians, these are today most often called "cell towers" since very often (but hardly always) they include a tower to support their antennas.

But of course the antennas may be supported on a building wall, or a building parapet, or a railway bridge, or a water tank, or even (as we see above) on a grain elevator. So the word "tower" doesn't even always fit.

I always call them cell base stations.

Best regards,

Doug

Last edited: