• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
My wife.

20A603D2-304C-4911-814A-148C2FA9756E.jpeg

11AD9D40-CFD9-4E60-91AF-D6428703DD98.jpeg

One inch taller and she would not be a dwarf.

I call her my tall dwarf.

She says she’ll take tall any way she can get it!

Last edited:

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Excuse my ignorance and miss-information, Will.

Is there a cut-off for dwarfism?
My understanding is that the term refers commonly to those with a genetic abnormality, making up the bulk of people with disproportionate dwarfism. Let’s see how my spelling goes. Achondroplasia. Thank google for spell check.

My mum was 4’9”. She got shorter as she got older. No-one ever called her short. Not unless they wanted some of their bones broken.

I’m also aware that hormone and nutritional imbalance can result in reduction in bone growth.

I’m sure your wife has a name. She looks pretty cheerful. She must be content with the care you take of her.

Show us a grumpy picture.

Andy brown

Yeah I know, happiest angry dwarf I’ve ever seen.
My wife is juuuuust over 5 feet tall (it’s a standard Asian thing), I’m close enough to 6 feet. She’s always surprised when she looks at photos and sees the height difference, in her mind we’re the same size.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yeah I know, happiest angry dwarf I’ve ever seen.
My wife is juuuuust over 5 feet tall (it’s a standard Asian thing), I’m close enough to 6 feet. She’s always surprised when she looks at photos and sees the height difference, in her mind we’re the same size.
Andy,

I know how our brains trick us with such differences!

When I look through the viewfinder and the model is smiling and my assistant is arranging her hair, I consider we are the same age group and really so close in every way.

Yet we are so obviously not!

Asher

Andy brown

Andy,

I know how our brains trick us with such differences!

When I look through the viewfinder and the model is smiling and my assistant is arranging her hair, I consider we are the same age group and really so close in every way.

Yet we are so obviously not!

Asher
Yes Asher, I am familiar with this syndrome.

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
“Dwarfism, also known as short stature, occurs when an organism is extremely small. In humans, it is sometimes defined as an adult height of less than 147 centimetres (4 ft 10 in), regardless of sex, although some individuals with dwarfism are slightly taller.
Causes: Hyposecretion of growth hormone from pituitary gland (growth hormone def...
Specialty: Endocrinology, medical genetics
Wikipedia › wiki › Dwarfism
Dwarfism - Wikipedia”

Doug Kerr

For many years, the "default" typeface on most series of Teletype Corporation teletypewriters was one called "Murray", named in honor of an Australian who was one of the "godfathers" of the teletypewriter. Its design was intended to minimize the visual awareness of angular misalignment of the characters, as might come on a typebar printing mechanism with extensive use and the accompanying wear. It retained its primacy, for "continuity", even on a later series of mchines not at all susceptible to such misalgnment.

When Teletype corporation developed its first "low cost" teletypewriter series, as the "default" typeface they used a variant of Murray, less in height to suit dimensional limitations of the printing mechanism. It was given no name. I suggested it be called "Dwarf Murray". Teletype Corporation did not take me up on that.

Best regards,

Doug