• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In the Year 2121

Chris Calohan

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
At first I thought, that’s only a year away, why is it so wretched! Life still is pretty optimistic, at least here in California.

Then I realized it reads “2121” and that is very likely far, farbeyond even my most optimistic expectations,

....unless of course our brains are refrigerated and the memories cloned to silicon!

Asher

Chris Calohan

Actually, while the song 2525 came into my mind as I was editing this image, in reality it just seemed like a good title given the writing on the window.

Jerome Marot

Actually, the song 2525 came into my mind as I was editing this image

This is what I thought as well. I was surprised to find out that there was actually a song titled "In the year 2121".

I was also surprised to find out that Zager and Evan's song played while the man first landed on the moon!

James Lemon

At first I thought, that’s only a year away, why is it so wretched! Life still is pretty optimistic, at least here in California.

Then I realized it reads “2121” and that is very likely far, farbeyond even my most optimistic expectations,

....unless of course our brains are refrigerated and the memories cloned to silicon!

Asher

At first I thought its 2020 and California is a nation of peasants living in cars,working for tech giants. Then I realized that is the state of things as they actually exist in the year 2020.

James

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
At first I thought its 2020 and California is a nation of peasants living in cars,working for tech giants. Then I realized that is the state of things as they actually exist in the year 2020.

James
Yes, James,

it’s tough here, we suffer at the extremes of weather with temperatures plunging to 57 degrees F in winter! Takes 4 hours to heat my Olympic-size swimming pool!

Hard to keep help, folk are so insistent on all sorts of “rights”. My butler insists in parking his Mercedes in my front driveway! The maids refuse to dance for my friends at parties!

...and you think you know it all!

Asher

James Lemon

Yes, James,

it’s tough here, we suffer at the extremes of weather with temperatures plunging to 57 degrees F in winter! Takes 4 hours to heat my Olympic-size swimming pool!

Hard to keep help, folk are so insistent on all sorts of “rights”. My butler insists in parking his Mercedes in my front driveway! The maids refuse to dance for my friends at parties!

...and you think you know it all!

Asher

Thanks! Having a good postal code and living in denial must help when having to cope in a third world State.

James

James Lemon

Asher, Chris

There aren’t any geographical cures. Chris if you are metrosexual and love self indulgence, then Victoria is the place for you. If you can work and live with people who don’t look like you,there are other more suitable places.

James

Last edited:

James Lemon

As I am probably to old to be metrosexual, tell me about the other more suitable places, please.

Vancouver Island is a large place with many communities. It is surrounded by numerous other islands that have many communities as well. Since we are talking about the west coast of Canada you have to think Big Salmon, boats, and lots of rain . But if you would like to explore the mainland and get away from the rain you would have to travel inland. I personally like Tofino when looking for good food and leisure time on Vancouver Island.

Last edited:

Chris Calohan

Rats. I don't like rain but I like salmon. Yet one has to move inland to avoid the rain.

If you live in the San Juan Islands, rain isn't the issue as it goes on by them and then stops at the Cascades and lets all that burgeoning moisture rain down on Seattle.