• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Incidental selfies.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Reflective surfaces are everywhere. It’s not difficult for me to imagine that the world is reminding me of what I do. Then again, it might be that I am reminding myself of what I do.
I can’t isolate myself from the scene. Not completely. There will always be a small disturbance. I am always on this side of the lens. This is my view and no one else’s. No one can see what I see.

Andy brown

Yep, great shit as usual Tom.

The first one i’ve retitled ‘I bought some slippers’

And the second one ‘watch out for the pothole’

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I’m hoping you’re commenting on my good looks and sartorial slender.
But somehow I doubt it.
Thanks anyway, fellas.

Peter Dexter

Really like the first one. For me brings to mind something that Robert Rauschenberg might do in this day and age.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Really like the first one. For me brings to mind something that Robert Rauschenberg might do in this day and age.

I’m certainly aware of the influence other photographers have on me, Peter. Like Rauschenberg, many photographers have used the selfie as a means of expression. So have a few painters.

My favourite is Lee Freidlander.

I can only defend my mimicry by admitting some tributary quality for those who went before me. I thank them for showing me the way.

Image by Lee Freidlander