• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Industrial heritage sites

DanielBJ

Hey!

This is my first time posting and I would like to ask you guys a question.
I'm thinking about visiting Germany and England next year and I was wondering if someone could provide information/location about industrial heritage sites to photograph, it would be awesome.
Where I live in Spain (Asturias, north-west Spain), it's full of industrial heritage sites and I locate most of them using the map in this site https://patrimoniuindustrial.com/en/
Anyone can help? A site like this one (but from Germany or England) would be great so I can check it.

Thanks

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hey!

This is my first time posting and I would like to ask you guys a question.
I'm thinking about visiting Germany and England next year and I was wondering if someone could provide information/location about industrial heritage sites to photograph, it would be awesome.
Where I live in Spain (Asturias, north-west Spain), it's full of industrial heritage sites and I locate most of them using the map in this site https://patrimoniuindustrial.com/en/
Anyone can help? A site like this one (but from Germany or England) would be great so I can check it.

Thanks
I am so sorry, Daniel that the post I drafted got interrupted and never was put online!

So are you photographing a project now?

I have no doubt that such sites are documented by folk all over Europe!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Well there is a very well organized European Heritage Tour website which provides hundreds of site addresses and contact information through Europe.

So for the UK there are Sienna colored dots of size according to the number of industrial heritage sites in that location!

Hit on that dot and it will bring you to a map
Of the location with further dots indicating local sites to be visited.

Asher

Asher Kelman

So here’s the map of Europe

From this you choose the U.K.

We settle South on the Plymouth area:

And then expand that:

To the Naval Base Heritage Museum:

And we get a description and full history here!

They have that for hundreds of sites in all European countries!

I hope that’s helpful and inspires you!

Asher

Asher Kelman

In addition, here is a link to a list of the “European Industrial Heritage Tour Sites”

With each there’s a link, so it's another convenient way of preparing your itinerary!

Asher

Asher Kelman

There are more sites to find searching online. Certainly in 2018 and September 2019 numerous tours were arranged throughout Europe. I expect this will be repeated next year too.

There are numerous photographs online and many are in the public domain.

Asher