• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Into the Day

Chris Calohan

Several steps up from the Nikon D40, I retired and bought myself a nice, new D7000 and a 28-300 and thought at the time, it wouldn't get much better. That was 2012 and it was just the beginning of the eternal search for something bigger, newer and better...D800, then the D810 and the 200-500, then a D500 and finally the D850...but there is a 500mm I'd really like to have and a......

This one was shot 7 years ago, almost to the day with the D7000 and the 28-300. I didn't know squat about editing then, and then again, not sure I know that much more now...sighhhhhhhh

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chris,

Magnificent! Audubon never did better, and the bird was not harmed!

The light through the trailing feathers adds so much vibrancy!

Chris Calohan: Great Egret

How did you get the sky color and lateral gradient?

Asher