• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Is she the world's youngest exhibited photographer?

Jean Henderson

Hi Everyone,

(First of all, sorry I couldn't get back to you all who kindly commented on my exhibit images request. My modem kicked the bucket as I was trying to reply to the first 2 comments in that thread.)

For that same exhibit, which opened last night, I got permission to show one of my 4 year old granddaughter's images. I bought her a 3 MP V-Tech kids camera when she was 2 in order to protect my own P&S from possible damage from her handling of it. She seemed to find it no matter where I put it! She loves photography and looks at images online with me frequently, being sure to tell me what she likes best.

First Sunset by Justice Marie

Do you think she might grow up to be an OPF member?

Jean

PS: Justice's image is straight out of her camera....

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
For that same exhibit, which opened last night, I got permission to show one of my 4 year old granddaughter's images. I bought her a 3 MP V-Tech kids camera when she was 2 in order to protect my own P&S from possible damage from her handling of it. She seemed to find it no matter where I put it! She loves photography and looks at images online with me frequently, being sure to tell me what she likes best.

First Sunset by Justice Marie

Justice triumphs! She's a delight and the bond you have made with her is of unmeasurable importance. You've helped her in the growth of her view of herself and her trust in others to believe in her. Certainly, she framed the sunset well. The proportion of sky is amazingly adult!

Delightful!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Justice,

Great shot. It reminds us, as few photos do, that the sun is, after all, fire.

The cyan sky is wonderful. Cyan is my favorite color.

And don't crop it. Everything in it means something.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks, Jean.

Best regards,

Doug

Jean Henderson

Hi Doug,

My granddaughter got to see/hear your comments to her today. Her little face was a mixture of curiosity and interest. Her response? "What does he look like?"

Obviously, it is still a little stretch for her to understand how you can be "pen pal type" of friends with people you may never see. Thought you would be amused by this...

Jean