• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Island Watch

Steven Sinski

evening
_DS90413_DxO copy-X3.jpg
view of Sakurajima from Kagoshima

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fabulous view of the city at night and those dark clouds over the mountain in the background.

Steven, is this straight out of camera or you processed this from RAW?

Asher

Steven Sinski

i almost always shoot RAW
it is a 15sec exposure ISO 64
one of those rare moments i used the tripod that I carried with me

Last edited:

Steven Sinski

most of the time i don't. but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. you're not going to handhold for 15 sec and expect things to work out well. and if i'm going to travel half way around the world with one darn if i'm not going to use it at least once.😁

most of the time i don't. but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. you're not going to handhold for 15 sec and expect things to work out well. and if i'm going to travel half way around the world with one darn if i'm not going to use it at least once.😁
Ha! Yeah, Of course, I just hate having to use one... I certainly understand it though

Asher Kelman

at the rate I'm going i may need one to hold me up and steady in a few years
Steven,

I know what it’s like to be exhausted by schlepping gear!

I have started to divide my gear according to type of shoot. For my studio everything is on rails and light as a feather! I sit comfortably in front of a 7ft Octadome! All exposures are TTL using a Godox automated system.

For outside, however, I go manual!

I can light a building if I wish! But always with assistants!

I have Lumedyne flash, that can power any number of heads, anywhere up to 12,000 WS power, total!

Or I can have a lightweight Lumedyne action pack on my shoulder to deliver for people shots.

But when I walk around by myself, I never take an tripod!

I have either high MP camera or cell phone, but never a tripod! I might occasionally add a speedlight, if I am to shoot people!

Asher Kelman

But for your view of the City at night, Steven, I would have to take a page from your book and bring that tripod too!

Asher