• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

It’s No Wonder People Think I’m a Hack!

Robert Watcher

As Rodney Dangerfield used to say “I get no respect”. But I like it that way.

When I was 16 years old and many of my peers like to show off with their muscle cars - or a couple who’s cars looked like muscle cars but had no guts under the hood (what we call all show and no go) —— my idea was to drive up beside one of them at a stoplight in a plain Jane non-assuming car - and blow the socks off them with what they couldn’t see I had souped up under the hood.

And I’m quite a bit like that with my photography. My friend took this snap of me on the weekend when I was doing some serious shooting while traveling from one side of El Salvador to the other side. But anyone watching what I was doing, wouldn’t have a clue. Just my scrawny little tripod and and puny little camera and lens (that is shooting at 300mm focal length here during a Timelapse), pulled out of my small backpack that holds some extra clothes and a bunch of other non-photography things that I keep with me when traveling for a couple of days.

This type of scenario - shooting a Timelapse movie or shooting with Live Composite - is about the only time that I pull out my Manfrotto tripod, that folds down and slips into the center section of my backpack among some clothes and a camera body. One area that I do appreciate getting a little respect, is my 6 foot 250 lb frame, that so far appears to be a deterrent from anyone taking advantage of us in some of the more scetchy places Anne & I include in our adventures.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I found that white lenses seem to attract followers who linger at corners with friends. That’s when I found the value of the smaller f4.0 variants that can actually slip into a long pants pocket. I have gotten into scapes only when I stop too long and appear lost!

However, Olympus bodies come with x2 expansion of reach of lenses and that allows so much smaller bulk. You are way ahead combining that with you body frame expansion suit that gets you to 6 ft!

With my new camera I think I need a bodyguard and a Sherpa assistant!

Ashef

Robert Watcher

I found that white lenses seem to attract followers who linger at corners with friends. That’s when I found the value of the smaller f4.0 variants that can actually slip into a long pants pocket. I have gotten into scapes only when I stop too long and appear lost!

However, Olympus bodies come with x2 expansion of reach of lenses and that allows so much smaller bulk. You are way ahead combining that with you body frame expansion suit that gets you to 6 ft!

With my new camera I think I need a bodyguard and a Sherpa assistant!

Ashef

:geek:(y)