• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept It’s Yellow!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
it’s the color of sunshine, 🌻 s and 😊 faces.

These are just representations of the reflections of light remaining when all the other colors are absorbed and not allowed to return to our eyes.

7E539E32-82A8-4D3F-9219-B4ACE7A400A2.jpeg

Asher Kelman: Yellow #1
Leucospetmum High Gold
“Pincushion”, Protea

Please share your yellow and golden treasure!

Asher

Asher Kelman

My next favorite here, uses a Hans Wegner chair that we splurged on early in our marriage.

It was so cool looking! Hans Jørgensen Wegner was the Danish designer who spear headed a modernistic organic style of Danish furniture.

9758F926-985D-4EB8-B56B-40D49CD294CD.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Wishbone & Yellow Rope!”

After 50 years of daily use, his chairs seem as good as new and each stands in my heart as works of Art! Knock-off copies are everywhere and only my word is evidence that they are real!

Asher

3 Lovely ladies! Do they know each other or you got them all together to do the shoot? Anyways, the fun part is the banana peel on the floor; that was unexpected! :-D

Asher Kelman

3 Lovely ladies! Do they know each other or you got them all together to do the shoot? Anyways, the fun part is the banana peel on the floor; that was unexpected! :-D
Yes they are friends. But no longer with the photographer, LOL!

Well, unfortunately the blonde gave me her email to send her nude pictures she joyfully posed for. Sadly it was her brother’s email. His girl friend thankfully deleted them from his phone but the safe studio magic was broken!! I adored working with them but there’s a beginning, middle and end to all stories! I didn’t expect this beautiful but transient friendship!

Asher

Asher Kelman

This started as a competition commission and now it’s installed in the City of along Beach California, overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

4A372D3E-1F84-4B6B-9F62-F4D3849D1316.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Puff of Wind”
30 ft High Kinetic Sculpture Moves in the Wind
Asher

Asher Kelman

You did two important things!

First you added a picture in yellow which is the object of the thread!

Next you solved my puzzle as to what the fruit was I saw in the supermarket!

Yours a brighter and happier than mine and focus doesn’t have to be sharp!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Well my turn again!

What’s Beverly Hills without Sunflowers and a Rolls Royce!

28A2B163-E300-4713-B827-5ADD0C3581E6.jpeg

78D7159F-4C67-4842-9C7B-FC58A34A4168.jpeg

Now you guys!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Fabulous composition!

The golden yellow leaves rightly dominate the frame and that’s so satisfying.

The palm tree branches have interesting curves. Unusual!

Great trees and museum name in Art!

Wonderful how rich folk can simply collect art and then bequest it to the public and so leave a meaningful legacy like this!

Asher

Paul Iddon

I found him wandering around the agapanthus I have in a tub in the garden, which is dying back for the winter. I assume the wasp may suffer the same fate unless it's looking to hibernate. Judging by the lack of the anchor shape on his face I suspect it is Vespula germanica.

@Asher Kelman I nearly added this to the yellow thread... ;)

[Thanks for the idea, so I did it for you!]

wasp_aga_6_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Last edited:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Seen in September 2021 at the Fondation Maeght in Saint-Paul de Vence (France)

Le Pénétrable (1992)By Jesus Rafael Soto
An immersive installation created with about 5800 of translucent plastic tubes and wires that can be crossed.

IMG_5355.jpg

Asher Kelman

I love it, Nicolas!

Folk can get so intimate with the sculpture and strangers can meet too within them

I love that idea!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Maggie,

This is so grand, impressive, magnificent and stately. The POV you chose is so satisfying!

what a greeting from nature to meet up with this giant of beauty!

Amazing find!

🙏

Asher

if it’s still available, take more above the tree and stitch! This is such a rare find!

As to size, less than ~1.1 MB