• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

January caterpillar

Paul Iddon

Found this walking across the path at the front of my house today. There is only mosses there, so not on a food plant. I assume it has somehow been disturbed. It is an Angle shades caterpillar, which can be egg, larva, pupa and Imago throughout the year.

anglecat2022_01_4k_1800-XL.jpg

anglecat2022_02_4k_1800-XL.jpg

anglecat2022_03_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
What an interesting creature! From your impressive pictures one can think of the main job of this creature is to be what it is, a caterpillar!

However, as you point out it’s only one of many necessary stages of life, beautifully illustrated here!

D45B97C2-F023-4CBF-8B97-271BDE02C976.jpeg

Wikipedia: Angle Shades Moth
May be Copyrighted

In the U.K. All during the summer, foreign moths arrive to intermingle with locals!

But do they also mate?

Asher