• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Jessika

Peter Dexter

Taken at the zoo with a Batis 85 1.8 on a Sony a6000.

33206543898_66a9854533_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This shows how great that Sony APS-C is! With the f1.8 Batis lens the big is melted away.

And of course she is lovely.

Do you ever use lights?

Was this openshade? Great rendering of her face!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Huuummm...
my wife just bought a Sony A6500 and wants a portrait lens.
However, she doesn't want to spend too much money and that is the problem !

Great shots indeed and what a girl !

Peter Dexter

Thank you Antonio. The Batis 85 1.8 is a wonderful lens but not for the a6000 series as it becomes a telephoto lens on that camera and you have to back up a good bit to get a portrait photo. I made the mistake not knowing better. There are other lenses like the Sony 55 1.8 that would be a better choice for her camera.

Asher Kelman

Follow up

47107527321_55d003e763_b.jpg

Really vivacious!

Let me share my discovery:-

Uniquely, in our world of rectilinear forms, (of everything from tablets, iPhones, books and rooms), or even normal circles, (with static, ie fixed, radii), the female form stands out.

“Sexiness”, is to me a a simple geometrical trick of bold body form by using constantly varying radius to attract the eye.

.....and Jessika stands out from any scene for this reason ...and her lovely pose, warm smile and youth.

But key to this is the fundamental uniqueness of the human female form and to that I am, I must admit, permanently addicted in my art!

Asher

Last edited:

Jerome Marot

Really vivacious!

Let me share my discovery:-

Uniquely, in our world of rectilinear forms, (of everything from tablets, iPhones, books and rooms), or even normal circles, (with static, ie fixed, radii), the female form stands out.

“Sexiness”, is to me a a simple geometrical trick of bold body form by using constantly varying radius to attract the eye.

.....and Jessika stands out from any scene for this reason ...and her lovely pose, warm smile and youth.

But key to this is the fundamental uniqueness of the human female form and to that I am, I must admit, permanently addicted in my art!

Asher

I guess that we need more women photographers on this forum.

Peter Dexter

Asher I really enjoy reading your creative responses but I have to work awfully hard to read that yellow print. How about something with more contrast?

Asher Kelman

Peter,

I love that color!

But take text and choose colors you can recommend better for text!

I will onside your suggestions for both myself and new styles.

Asher