• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Jumping Spider with Rev 50 setup

Jody Melanson

All are full frame (except for the one marked cropped), using my reverse 50 setup with tubes and the Sigma 150. Handheld.

271227580_4iKrQ-O.jpg

271227617_jrRXY-O.jpg

Crop from above.

271227632_jT322-O.jpg

My goodness Jody. These are absolutely awesome. Can you please give me more details on your setup and technique. What body do you use with your Sigma? How many handheld shots does it take to get this great focus? Is the spider alive? How in the world did you set this up?
Again, I commend your ability. These are simply fabulous. James Newman

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Jody,

I usually try to provide a bit more intelligent C&C but in this case I'll just utter: WOW!
Amazing pictures, thanks for showing. Once my astonisment is over, I'll be back for some real interaction ;-)

Cheers,

Cem

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My goodness Jody. These are absolutely awesome. Can you please give me more details on your setup and technique. What body do you use with your Sigma? How many handheld shots does it take to get this great focus? Is the spider alive? How in the world did you set this up?
Again, I commend your ability. These are simply fabulous. James Newman

Ask and ye shall receive. :) Here I am using this rig to photo a teeny spider...

181896716_e3Nso-O.jpg

Source.

I'm familiar with Jody's work from his postings over on FredMiranda.com. In addition to really stunning pictures of really tiny bugs and things, Jody takes wonderful bird pictures. His series of bird-in-flight shots of the Northern Hawk Owl is absolutely world class (hint, hint).

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Jody's excellent work.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jody,

That your work is impressive is obvious. What I didn't expect was that this creature, that we might crush with no remorse, would, itself, also demand my attention, awe and and admiration and so humble me!

Asher