• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just a picture I took of a tall ship that had to put into port because of coming weather

Jim Olson

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Good thing the weather turned! This is simply a special treat as there are not many “tall ships” like this left, that have a crew available to go to sea!

This one is packed with idle sheets!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I really appreciate such treasures, Jim!

Part of our history and the mobile bare wood “Forrest” to test the valiant climbing skills of sailors of yore!

More so, maps were always approximate, navigational aids the sexton and little else, always the threat of storms, unchartered reefs and hazards!

Yet the early hominids did it and adventured with even less!

Asher

Jim Olson

I was on a tall ship back in the 80s (for a harbor tour around Newport Beach, CA.) with the company I worked for just before they closed down (after I worked there 7 yrs) and the next day Will put me to work at his shop. The ship was awesome and we even headed out to sea for a few mins and it was fun until we had to turn around and head back to port. The ship was diesel powered and there was no wind whatsoever as we turn to go back to port and all the fumes were hanging around the ship and people started getting sick.