• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just another sunset in Washington

Jim Olson

Jim Olson

This was a test to see if I could upload a picture from my phone. I have tried two other times and the site said "Oops something went wrong" but this time it worked.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This was a test to see if I could upload a picture from my phone. I have tried two other times and the site said "Oops something went wrong" but this time it worked.
Glad you got it to work!

Usually, the “something” that went wrong is

• either the file is too large, (best less than 300KB)
  • you forgot to add keywords, here it could be “sunset” , “evening sky”, “overhead cables”, what ever you think might help others
  • No title
Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Jim Olson

Glad you got it to work!

Usually, the “something” that went wrong is

• either the file is too large, (best less than 300KB)
  • you forgot to add keywords, here it could be “sunset” , “evening sky”, “overhead cables”, what ever you think might help others
  • No title
Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Funny things is my Google Pixel 3 has 12 MP camera & that's why I thought it wouldn't work before but this time it did...
It is set to 12 MP but I did crop it so it says 6.1 MP at 2496 x 2438 0.94 MB
I'm not sure why it worked this time

Asher Kelman

Funny things is my Google Pixel 3 has 12 MP camera & that's why I thought it wouldn't work before but this time it did...
It is set to 12 MP but I did crop it so it says 6.1 MP at 2496 x 2438 0.94 MB
I'm not sure why it worked this time
You should shrink the file first using the “Image Size” app or something similar and then it will work every time!

Asher

Kevin Pinkerton

What are the restrictions on image size in a post? Pixel size, file size? I initially tried using a 2048 max longest size and that failed. Thanks

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
What are the restrictions on image size in a post? Pixel size, file size? I initially tried using a 2048 max longest size and that failed. Thanks
Maximum attachments per message: 10
Size limit per file: 1024 Kb (no pixel dimension limit)
Attachments over this size will be rejected.

Same limitation applies to video files

However if you host your image on a web server other than OPF's, there's no restriction in Kb, but keep in mind that users/viewers may not have a large bandwidth to load your message/file…

Asher Kelman

“Image Size” is a very convenient App to have on your iPhone or iPad. It resizes in an instant and doesn’t appear to create artifacts.

There’s a free version downloadable from the App Store!

Asher

Kevin Pinkerton

Thanks Asher. I use Windows and Android so I need to find something that works in Windows (as I really do not use my phone for much except emails). I was looking this morning but have yet to find anything. If anyone has an alternative to "Image Size" for Windows, please pass along.

Thanks in advance.
Kevin