• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

just found that: Iphone...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
http://www.photographyblog.com/news/rollei_telephoto_lens_for_iphone_4/

A bit weird to me (make it quite noticeable!)
But probably extremely useful...

Rollei_8x_Tele_Objektiv_Hardcase-317x400.jpg

Rollei 18 mm f1.1

"Simply attach the Rollei 8x telephoto lens and discover entirely new photographic opportunities with the iPhone 4*. The lens (dimensions: 18mm, F = 1.1) gives the iPhone 4* 8x magnification and increases the telephoto range to an impressive degree: Distant subjects are now enlarged and clearly visible. Ideal for paparazzi, nature enthusiasts and anyone with an eye for detail.

The high-quality lens design avoids flaws that could show in the image. The focus adjustment is carried out using a traditional lens ring with a scale from three meters to infinity. The iPhone 4* is barely any heavier with the lens attached. It weighs just 45 grams.

Included in the package:
A hard case for the iPhone 4* is included in the package. But that’s not all. Thanks to a special bracket and a mini tripod for the table (included in the package) there is no more camera shake and every picture is a success."

Now with iphone stitching mages one will be able to make panos very easily as the phone has a gyro to map the positions automatically and in any order!Sandrine's source again!

Asher

Gustav Degerman

That's interesting, and maybe that is what we will see in the future. I read somewhere that iPhone is taking a major cut of the compact camera market.

I think the iPhone story is amazing. The mobile phone market was one of the most compeditive markets in the world, but Apple still succeded in no time with iPhone. Maybe they will go after the camera market as well...

I also think that's possible, because the camera market is one the the only market where the customer is used to be "hooked" to closed systems (Lenses AF systems, flash compatibility, firmwares, raw conversion etc...Even Sony succeeded with MS cards). And that's definitely the way Apple likes to make business. I still believe that the open source thing twisted the way the average consumer sees the software market, no matter is it requires coding, development and analysis, it has to be free at the end. And on the opposite people still agree to pay - sometimes a lot - for hardware. Apple users learn the hard way, but it's good to learn. I am not a mac user (I used to), neither Iphone/Ipad, I don't particularly like the UIs but I must admit they did it the right way.