• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Kitty

Nicole Sanders

Kitty2.jpg

This was really unplanned... I saw her laying there in the light coming through the front door being all cute and took some pictures. :)

Info:
Kodak Z740 Zoom Digital Camera
Shutter Speed: 1/350 sec. ; Portrait Mode ; F-stop: f/2.8 ; ISO: 80 ; Focal Length 6.3 mm

Last edited by a moderator:

Don Lashier

That's delightful Nicole,

I especially like the interplay of the shadows - you could hardly have done better if it were planned.

- DL

ps: ignore my edit on your post - I didn't change anything, just clicked the wrong button.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Don I agree! This is a great shot!

How would you process it for printing?

Any thoughts on B&W since shading could be interesting?:

Asher

Don Lashier

Asher, I like the color here because of the contrast between the cool background and the warm cat, so I'm not sure b/w would enhance it. I don't see any particular problems printing - I would like a little more headroom at the top but that's not critical.

- DL

Nicole Sanders

hmm...

KittyBW.jpg

Kitty2BW.jpg

Kitty.jpg

I think I like the color better. What do you think?

Yeah, that is one thing I don't like about the first one I posted. I think I was trying to take the photo quick cause kitty was rolling all over being cute... I didn't get the picture very centered. I love her eyes though! ugh... she's gorgeous... and spoiled. :)

Last edited: