• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Land and sky

Doug Kerr

Most of the time here in Alamogordo, N.M. the sky is entirely clear or almost so. But on occasion we have clouds, and usually they are just stunningly beautiful.

Yesterday we had just such a situation (fleetingly, as an actual mini-storm was moving in), so Carla went outside with her trusty G16 and took a few shots. Here is one of my favorites, shot to the southwest from our back patio.

Carla C. Kerr: Land and Sky

The mountains we see are the lowest roll of the Sacramento chain. I'll comment later on some of the things seen in the shot.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Can she repeat the shot from a position where the pine trees are not covered by deciduous trees!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Can she repeat the shot from a position where the pine trees are not covered by deciduous trees!

Sure, but it would probably be without the clouds!

Those tall green trees are Italian (Mediterranean) cypress, of the fastigiate form (the tall, slender variety with parallel limbs). There used to be quite a few in this neighborhood, but many were severely damaged by a severe cold spell in 2010 (before we moved here). The lighter colored tree in the foreground is in our back yard, a bush-form willow, a lovely tree.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I can easily put back the clouds for you if you send me the two RAW images!

Then Carla will have a new scene to paint in acrylics!

Asher