• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Large panorama landscape in the vineyards

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
A landscape shot for Baron de Rotschild wines
152 photos stiched with Autopano Giga
The final image “natively” measures 30.50 wide x 3.50 meters high (100 feet X 10 feet) at 125 dpi.
The final HD file in.psb format weighs nearly 7 GB....
Shot with a Pentax 645Z and 300mm

nicolas claris

You've certainly mastered the technique. Looking forward to some other landscapes done this way.
Thanks Peter,
I don't do this kind of job that often.
However I did one for the same client 2 years ago (or was that 3 years ago?) same idea but different place of course and "only" 99 pics.
I'll dig as I think I did post it in OPF at that time…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A landscape shot for Baron de Rotschild wines
152 photos stiched with Autopano Giga
The final image “natively” measures 30.50 wide x 3.50 meters high (100 feet X 10 feet) at 125 dpi.
The final HD file in.psb format weighs nearly 7 GB....
Shot with a Pentax 645Z and 300mm

9CC4909A-9EFC-42B4-B642-9723AFEDDA23.jpeg

Nicolas,

In commercial work like this, would you consider replacing the sky or adding a cart piled with grapes, or else some birds flying past, for example, or must you always tell the exact truth of what was there?

Asher

nicolas claris

Nicolas,

In commercial work like this, would you consider replacing the sky or adding a cart piled with grapes, or else some birds flying past, for example, or must you always tell the exact truth of what was there?

Asher
In that kid of shot(s) simplicity is (my) rule.
Why adding birds or cart filled with grape? The scenery is beautiful enough.
The truth as nothing to do here! A lot of electricity pylons, a water tower, electric cables and a car (red!) and a whole house have been removed...
The asphalt road has been replaced by a dirt road.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
In that kid of shot(s) simplicity is (my) rule.
Why adding birds or cart filled with grape? The scenery is beautiful enough.
The truth as nothing to do here! A lot of electricity pylons, a water tower, electric cables and a car (red!) and a whole house have been removed...
The asphalt road has been replaced by a dirt road.
Nicolas,

It’s a great rule!

So like me you feel zero inhibition to remove distractions. I like that. Amazingly creative to put in a dirt track instead of an asphalt road!

I even concede to the lack of our fellow or young woman with grapes.

Still, must it be so simple as to have not a single cloud. Is there any French custom of clearing the sky of clouds?

For sure, an English scene would have had both clouds and either horses, sheep or a dog, LOL!

Asher