• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Late Afternoon Shower

Chris Calohan

I spent about a week working through some of the TK8 (Tony Kuyper) panels using Dave Kelly’s youtube tutorials. This is image was a step by step of “Finding the Right Light.” I did do some modifications after the guidelines to strengthen the foreground separation of the low grasses to the higher ones and tweaked the rain area a bit more for better contrast. I also used one of his other tutorials on Orton sharpening but I find the end result to be overly dark, so I lowered the opacity on the dark Orton mask.

Sooc

late-orig.jpg

Edit

late-shower-3.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is so interesting Chris. I know nothing of these procedures but can imagine it’s a worthy methodology to become familiar with!

It would be fabulous for you to share the links so we could go through some of these steps process in.

Tell us about the original shot.

Asher

Chris Calohan

I think the entire package that also comes with video tutorials is about $99. If you enter "DK15" in the promo code, you get 15% off. What you would be interested in are the TK8 Panels and instructional videos.

https://goodlight.us/panels-and-videos.html

If you've used the new tools in ACR or Lightroom, you'll know where they came from.