• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Lines and Forms

Abhijit Biswas

Hope you guys like it. Would appreciate any feedback.

_MG_8610_1024.jpg

Abhijit Biswas
www.exposurebits.com

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Beautiful, Abhijit.

If you're not familiar with Harry Callahan's work (esp. 1940's - 1960's) you should make an effort to see it. His photography of his wife, Eleanor, may give you further inspiration. Also some of the figure forms that Richard Avedon used might be interesting.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hope you guys like it. Would appreciate any feedback.

_MG_8610_1024.jpg

© Abhijit Biswas Lines and Forms

Abhijit Biswas
www.exposurebits.com

Abhijat,

The simplicity of form belies your unique skill in finding a personal viewpoint from so much clutter around us. I find this to be a delightful and even humorous celebration of the female form as you edge to suggest even architectural motif in her arm position.

The black frame, (for which I'm known to rant against), is proper here and even expands the milieux of the study. Still, I wonder what it would look like against just white space.

Can you share once again your lighting scheme?

Asher

Abhijit Biswas

Hi Asher,

Thanks for your kind words on this image. Without the black frame the viewer's attention tends to go out of the frame right through the arm line and as a result the image devides into two pieces.

I use a simple 500 watt continous light against a black background and in the post processing I used mainly D&B to suit my taste.

Thanks again for your thoughts and glad you like it.

Abhijit Biswas
http://www.exposurebits.com

Abhijat,

The simplicity of form belies your unique skill in finding a personal viewpoint from so much clutter around us. I find this to be a delightful and even humorous celebration of the female form as you edge to suggest even architectural motif in her arm position.

The black frame, (for which I'm know to rant against), is proper here and even expands the milieux of the study. Still, I wonder what it would look like against just white space.

Can you share once again your lighting scheme?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
BTW, Abhijat, add your © information in the IPTC file using FILE info under photoshop or whatever other program you are using.

Asher

Leonardo Boher

pro member
lol, a 500 watts lamp. Welcome to the 500 watts lamps club, mate. I used that thing too in the very beginning of my days as photographer. Never got a model to try some nudes (well, just once and the history behind is hotter that the lamp! lol), anyway, couldn't achieve the nude but I did a portrait in the middle of the night.

I always wanted to do these kind of nudes you know, with this kind of lighting but at that stage I couldn't figure how to do it so at the end I just forget it.

The picture is very nice and yes, the black frame helps the eye getting more into the image. Somehow, the breast and her face, both are like very important points of gravity and I think they are challengin each other producing some unbalanced thing that shakes my eyes from left to right and viceversa, but overall I think it's a very good pic, specially because how you drew with the light. Really interesting.

Hope to see more from you, mate.

Leo :)

Abhijit Biswas

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for your thoughts. I think using continous light is a better was to learn lighting when someone is just starting off. It's cheap and you get what you see. Of course one would be able to do the same using strobes but that requires little bit more practice. If there is a modeling light available with the strobe that makes it easier.

You brought up an interesting point about the balance; the gravity. It's a tricky thing and I paid attanetion to this as well when croppiing the image, just to avoid any torque. The weights of head and breast don't awalys match but I tried to balance the weights between the two sides of the arm-line. Still one might feel the slight twist as you might have experienced it. Thanks for brining this up.

Once again, I appreciate your time and thoughts and glad you like it.

Regards,
Abhijit
www.exposurebits.com

lol, a 500 watts lamp. Welcome to the 500 watts lamps club, mate. I used that thing too in the very beginning of my days as photographer. Never got a model to try some nudes (well, just once and the history behind is hotter that the lamp! lol), anyway, couldn't achieve the nude but I did a portrait in the middle of the night.

I always wanted to do these kind of nudes you know, with this kind of lighting but at that stage I couldn't figure how to do it so at the end I just forget it.

The picture is very nice and yes, the black frame helps the eye getting more into the image. Somehow, the breast and her face, both are like very important points of gravity and I think they are challengin each other producing some unbalanced thing that shakes my eyes from left to right and viceversa, but overall I think it's a very good pic, specially because how you drew with the light. Really interesting.

Hope to see more from you, mate.

Leo :)

Bobby Deal

Very striking image, it is the opposition of inside and outside light in the arm line that continues to draw me back into this image, almost as if it were actually circular. It really is a wonderful balance.

Abhijit Biswas

Thanks, Bobby, for your thoughts on this image. Glad you like it.

Very striking image, it is the opposition of inside and outside light in the arm line that continues to draw me back into this image, almost as if it were actually circular. It really is a wonderful balance.