• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lisboa - Portugal

Antonio Correia

More, but in context !... - Lisboa Portugal

119065289-M.jpg
119067237-M.jpg
119064543-M.jpg
119065339-M.jpg

Jack Joseph Jr

Antonio,

Is there a chance that you can get your own website. You excellent images have virtually nothing to do with this forum. What camera? What lens? Are there any technical issues here other than just showing off? Sure we all like others to see our pictures but you are ruining the forum. Please go away.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Antonio and Jack,

This is an important issue! Let me write to both of you and try to deal with this in a pragmatic way.

I value very much your efforts.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Antonio Correia

Antonio,

This one image expresses the sense of the series.

119065339-M.jpg

The idea here is to post images in the place they belong. So this picture would be posted in Layback cafe or Achitecture or Travel but NOT a camera section, since it is not about the camera, it''s about the subject of the picture!

in any case we like to know the context. That means not necessarily more images, but a description of the circumstances of the image and technical details. Are there issues or lessons here?

Otherwise just say "We had fun at this place!" and post it in Layback Cafe for fun and sharing!

When a picture appears in a camera technical section, people expect some technical insight or discussion of problems!

Camera sections like Canon DSLR's are for technical issues or insights with this type of gear!

Now I love your posts, but we get professional photographers who get unnerved! So please check that we're in the right section (cats= PETS, Buildings = Landscape, Travel, Art but unless say it's with a tilt-shift lens as an illustration, a picture belongs with the forum that deals with that subject!

So if you have any doubt, post in Layback Cafe!

Let me know if this sounds clear or if I have muddled you up!!

My kindest wishes, as i'm sure you know! :)

Asher

Antonio Correia

Jack Joseph Jr said:
Antonio,

Is there a chance that you can get your own website. You excellent images have virtually nothing to do with this forum. What camera? What lens? Are there any technical issues here other than just showing off? Sure we all like others to see our pictures but you are ruining the forum. Please go away.

Your wish in your command, Sir !

Antonio Correia

Jack Joseph Jr said:
Antonio,

Jack.
As usual in the morning I come to the computer to have a look at the posts I have subscribed.
I saw yours and - in spite of having already showered or because of it - I reacted saying that I was going away.

Then, I had breakfast, I went out, I had a small coffee as I usually do in the morning and I decided to give you the correct answer and that is: **** yourself.

You are not the owner of this forum so, you are not entitled to send me away.
If I go away or not it will be for Asher decision or myself.

I am here for fun, because I like photography and I like to share my pictures with other people.
I like to see and comment other people's photos.
I like people to see and comment my pictures.

Yours are excellent. Don't be so rude with your clients as you have been with me.

This is small World. Suppose your clients know about this attitude of yours. What would they think of you ?

For me it is not important because I am just a small Portuguese from a small country...

BTW: have you ever been in Portugal ?
I have been to the States once. I will go again someday.
And in India. Have you been there ? And in Burma ? And in New Zealand ? And in Bali ? And ... ?
Well, I have 42 in the collection, you know...

It is a small World, I assure you.:)

Have a nice day and a nice 2007 !
96480365-M.jpg
96480340-M.jpg

Brr... It was cold ! ... :)

Antonio Correia

Asher Kelman said:
Antonio,

This one image expresses the sense of the series.

The idea here is to post images in the place they belong. So this picture would be posted in Layback cafe or Architecture or Travel but NOT a camera section, since it is not about the camera, it''s about the subject of the picture!

in any case we like to know the context. That means not necessarily more images, but a description of the circumstances of the image and technical details. Are there issues or lessons here?

Otherwise just say "We had fun at this place!" and post it in Layback Cafe for fun and sharing!

When a picture appears in a camera technical section, people expect some technical insight or discussion of problems!

Camera sections like Canon Dslr are for technical issues or insights with this type of gear!

Now I love your posts, but we get professional photographers who get unnerved! So please check that we're in the right section (cats= PETS, Buildings = Landscape, Travel, Art but unless say it's with a tilt-shift lens as an illustration, a picture belongs with the forum that deals with that subject!

So if you have any doubt, post in Layback Cafe!

Let me know if this sounds clear or if I have muddled you up!!

My kindest wishes, as I'm sure you know! :)

Asher

Asher,
I'll be more careful in the future about posting in the right forum.

Best wishes for 2007 with Saúde ! (you know Saúde? the best think a person can have !? )

But there is something else I want to point:
All the photos were handheld !
EXIF for the 1.st one:
Make: Canon Model: Canon EOS 20D Size: 2480x3661 Bytes: 2597191
Aperture: f/2.8 ISO: 400 Focal Length: 16mm (guess: 25mm in 35mm)
Exposure Time: 0.125s (1/8) Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Exposure Program: Shutter priority

Ray West

thread moved,

I've moved this to Layback cafe, since it is not camera specific. I am quite happy to split up, or move bits as required.

Hi Antonia,

I like the second - reminds me of 'the matchstick men' paintings of LS Lowry. He lived in a place a bit different than Portugal, however.

Best wishes,

Ray

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Tolerance is one of the basic principle that commands OPF

Jack Joseph Jr said:
Antonio,

Jack
I'm glad that Asher did answer you before me...
I think your post is completely on the opposite way of OPF TOS (have you read them?)
The meaning of your post may be right or... wrong, my point is not there, my point is that your words are not polite at all toward Antonio that has always been nice, kind and very polite even when his pictures have been commented. This is why he's posting here, and I welcome and encourage him to continue to do so!
Though I agree, there are better place in OPF for Antonio to post, you may have said it in a more civilized manner.
After all, if you don't like to see Antonio's picture, just scroll down or don't click on Antonio's threads.

Tolerance is one of the basic principle that commands OPF.

We, OPF founders, wish that OPF is used to share, discuss, dissagree or applaud but between gentlemen.

There is no place for the insults or the unpleasant behavior but there is a lot for apologizes...

I thank you in advance for your understanding and send you my really best wishes for 2007!

P.S. BTW Antonio has a website, have a look to his profile or just under his signature, in case you can't find it, it's there

Asher Kelman

Antonio and Jack,

This episode is a small event for 2006 and the lessons are to be more scrupulous in where and why to post and provide a written explanation of the taking of the picture and then we can object with equal care!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Asher Kelman said:
Antonio and Jack,

This episode is a small event for 2006 and the lessons are to be more scrupulous in where and why to post and provide a written explanation of the taking of the picture and then we can object with equal care!

Asher

Let's go on and shoot !
Saúde for everyone in 2007 (will I ever be tired of wishing Saúde to people ? I don't think so).
119298098-M.jpg

Last edited:

Antonio Correia

Nicolas Claris said:
Just for the fun (not for the very bad quality of this video) and to please Antonio for the new year:

Viva Portugal!

Thank you Nicolas.
It's a very lauzy video indeed ...
And the music is ... in English from an American singer !! :(

These Portuguese never learn.

Look at the French for example: their country is always the best, they are the best.

I even think they over do it a bit !

When I talk to French it is what happens.

But it is true that I have talked to French people who are not that Chauvinist and say about the problems France has with ... whatever !... :)

This is forum about photography, not politics.

Is there any video Vive la France ?
LOL LOL

Antonio Correia

Nicolas Claris said:
Let's feel European !;-)

I like that.
The feeling of being European.
Do you believe I felt so when I was in Tayland for the very 1.st time, back in 1972 ?
I was young then ... :)
One may ask: What the hell is to feel European ?
For me it was - as I can still remember - like looking to all what, had nothing to do with my usual environment.

By that time I had already spent 1 month in France another in England and yet another in Sweden.
At least.

I had never been outside Europe by that time... Except in Morocco with my parents.

Now, when I go to Asia - have been there for some 10 times - I am rather used to see all that: the uses, the people ...

:)