• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Luxury Cars!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Expensive cars are awesome to look at and interesting jewels. But I have never wanted one except for the Rolls Royce coming to deliver “Grey Poupon” mustard to the picnickers carving a side of roast beef!

I always wanted to say to the chauffeur, “Pass me the Grey Poupon!”

Here in Los Angeles, expensive cars slowly pass with an occasional throaty acceleration for no sound reason except to attract attention or jerk the body of the movie starlet in the seat next to them!

Asher

Asher Kelman

ACD9A048-692D-4AEA-94B6-C5E700283694.jpeg

Doug Kerr

It makes me feel very old that the California license plate numbers are up to a prefix of "8"!

(I believe the current format, then with a "1" prefix, began in 1980.)

Best regards,

Doug

Jerome Marot

The mustard advert is quite amusing indeed.

I see luxury cars in Munich regularly, but never thought about photographing one. Why doesn't the second car have a license plate?

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jerome,
Why doesn't the second car have a license plate?

In some states (evidently including Nevada), a new car still in the hands of a dealer can carry only a dealer ID placard. The real license plate will be issued when the car is transferred to the ownership of the "consumer". That is probably what we are seeing here.

In some states, there are special "dealer" license plates (metal) ("dealers plates"), with a number pertaining to the dealer, that are used for cars in a dealer's hands. A similar thing is sometimes used for cars in the manufacturer's hands but driven on the streets.

In most states, when a new car is sold, a temporary plate made of cardboard (spoken of as a "paper plate"), usually with an ID number and expiry date written on with a marker, is used until the "real" plate(s) are issued.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

The mustard advert is quite amusing indeed.

I see luxury cars in Munich regularly, but never thought about photographing one. Why doesn't the second car have a license plate?
The Los Vegas dealer of that Rolls “Social Activity Vehicle” is advertising Instead of having a plate.

I guess that is good for his business and for the US Treasury as the government will get taxes on it, LOL!

The State of Nevada will get all sorts of Taxes to when the Licence plates are issued to the buyer!

Asher