• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Manu`s castle

Jarmo Juntunen

From a nocturnal stroll around the house.

Laiskan_linna00000087.JPG

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jarmo,

At 67k, this tiny B&W picture stuns me!

it’s a crowd stopper!

This is a quite extraordinary achievement as a photograph. The light from the upper left illuminates and dimension sizes everything so perfectly: a regal small feline in a giant Magritte colossal frame that we immediately believe in, identify with and feel is just and balanced.

42403D0E-143E-43DD-B364-6F39AFCEE08B.jpeg

I commend you for it. I took the liberty of studying possible improvements in adjusting up or down the lit and shadowed areas.

What I had thought were logical and creative improvements, [compared to your original], removed the “openness and enticement” drawing us towards the modest but imperial cat!

@Everyone:

I commend this single picture to inspire you on a composition that will collect folk to linger around it at an exhibition of fine B&W photography.

My only regret is that it’s not larger!

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you Antonio, Asher and Maggie! So, I was off to bed late Friday night and saw Manu the cat in my favourite chair. Luckily I had my Camera handy and managed to snap a few frames. I didn`t dare meddle with the arrangements as cats are so easily disturbed. So I had to accept the composition and domestic clutter as they were. Another family memento for me and maybe something else for all the cat people out there.