• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Masked Trogon

Peter Dexter

49690638491_6d1725f895_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Amazing!

What a handsome outfit?

Are these rare? How do you find the chap? Is tge a surprise for you too?

Asher

Peter Dexter

A Canon 7D ll with a Canon 600 EX flash and "Better Beamer" plus a Canon 400 5.6 prime lens. Simple but effective. That is my weight limit. I could buy much more expensive lenses with greater reach but for their weight I would end up leaving them at home.

Andy brown

Another amazing creature (and well captured), you really are blessed with the most wonderful wildlife where you are.
Keep them coming Peter, we love it.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A Canon 7D ll with a Canon 600 EX flash and "Better Beamer" plus a Canon 400 5.6 prime lens. Simple but effective. That is my weight limit. I could buy much more expensive lenses with greater reach but for their weight I would end up leaving them at home.
And then typically how much empty space around the bird is there to be cropped away!

Peter Dexter

Thank you very much Andy. Asher I can't say what's typical because the distance and size of bird are so variable. Many times when out walking I photograph distant birds just for identification as the image would have to be so extremely cropped it's not usable.