• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mine, Not Yours

Chris Calohan

Mine, Not Yours
Chris Calohan​

Robert Watcher

Now, why don't mine come in smaller in size or is it just because I am on a laptop?

It may well be that in css, the img tag is set to width:100% which is fine for responsive design and making sure the image shrinks to the different devices. The problem with that setting is that it also enlarges images beyond their original size on higher resolution or larger screens, and they simply look bad then.

It would be better if the Forum style for responsive images were set to “max-width: 100%”, which allows the pic to resize to on smaller devices, but not enlarge beyond the original image pixel width.

——-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It may well be that in css, the img tag is set to width:100% which is fine for responsive design and making sure the image shrinks to the different devices. The problem with that setting is that it also enlarges images beyond their original size on higher resolution or larger screens, and they simply look bad then.

It would be better if the Forum style for responsive images were set to “max-width: 100%”, which allows the pic to resize to on smaller devices, but not enlarge beyond the original image pixel width.

——-
Robert,

That interesting. Your suggestion seems spot on.

However I do need to catch up with your thinking: are these choices you can see before you in your “user options” or some you predict I should be able to find in the administration settings?

Thanks,

Asher

Robert Watcher

Robert,

That interesting. Your suggestion seems spot on.

However I do need to catch up with your thinking: are these choices you can see before you in your “user options” or some you predict I should be able to find in the administration settings?

Thanks,

Asher

no. These will be settings in the css style sheet of the forum software

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Quite strange…
I fully agree with Robert about the responsive problem that enlarge images on large screens (or Retina laptops).
So to make a trial, I download Robert's image. It is 1440 px wide.
I reduced it in CS to 500 px and posted it… no more full screen!
This should be investigated by the OPF's web dev…

Jerome Marot

As Jerome said, it is a nice idea, may be even more blur would add to the effect…

I find that the blur is just right in the large version but that the small version could use a bit more. That is an effect I notice often, that the right amount of blur depends on display size.