• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

More play.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
As, usual, nothing I take fits in any of the headings. Just pick one.

It's hot outside. I would have said ****ing hot as most would here in the tropics but I'm under restraint from the Expletive Police.

I lie on the cool tiles and look around. Remnants of a vase of flowers from another day wait to be disposed of. I was wondering what the smell was.

I reach up for a camera. Any camera. Then just roll around taking shots.

Photography can really make me think differently about the weather.

_DSC1064 by thedingo0099, on Flickr

_DSC1048 by thedingo0099, on Flickr

_DSC1041 by thedingo0099, on Flickr

_DSC1036 by thedingo0099, on Flickr

_DSC1072 by thedingo0099, on Flickr​

I wonder why one flower survived all this time. Is there a message here for me? Or for you?

I wnet to sleep on the tiles after this. What a lovely morning.

Chris Calohan

So how hot is it, Tom? Is it 102F (39C) with a heat index of 116F (46.6C) and humidity of 98%? (6 days in a row at the beginning of August this year.)

If not, they become delightful musings in a darkenened environment and not the delerious musings of a suffering man.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hi Chris.
The temp always looks hotter in F. I remember those days in Sydney when I was a kid. My dad would say "Sh*t, it's hot today". It became known in the family as 'sh*t hot weather'. A nice turn of phrase, don't you think. Feel free to use it in appropriate company.

I don't know which is worse. The sticky heat you describe, the blistering heat of Alice Springs or the persistent heat of Darwin. I pity the poor buggers who work in it day in day out. My neighbour works at Whickam Point on the new gas plant. He's a concretor. 5 months of temps over 36 degrees. No rain. Not even a cloudy day. And the mosquitoes are in plagued proportions.He gets paid a fortune for doing it but even he admits he could do it if he was older ( he's 35) he has a 5 year contract and hope he last the distance.
I don't complain about the heat any more. I just keep out of it.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
_DSC1048

by thedingo0099, on Flickr​

Tom,

I appreciate your dissection and ability to see "parts of things" but get it right. When this happens, one has no need to ask for "the rest of it" as what's shown has gravitas of its own and holds our interest, intriguing us fully.

To do this well, is an art in studying the balance of things. Good job!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I truly want to find pleasure in all things, Asher. Contradiction and dissension are from yesterday and will return tomorrow. For now, I can enjoy the pleasure of things.