• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Morning Visitor

Chris Calohan

Chris Calohan

Someone on another site mentioned assassin bug but I really have no clue. He stayed on hte window long enough for me to get a decent focus through the double glazed glass.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Seems to long and thin for that!

Maggie Terlecki is our best detective!

Let’s hope she spots it!

Asher

Hi, I took a look around and the person that told you that it was an assassin bug was probably right. There are at least 47 different types of assassin bugs but this one seems like it's a Milkweed Assassin Bug or a Zelus Longipes. If they are out of doors, they seem to be quite beneficial getting rid of pests, and although they do not seek humans as mosquitoes would, they can and will bite. Apparently it hurts, so if in your house, you may want to get rid of it. Seems handling with a tissue, you would be able to put outdoors, but if already there, just let it be.

Chris Calohan

We get both varieties around here and when my milkweed blooms,, they are everywhere....but always outside. Thanks for the Identification