• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mothers’ Day Flowers!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
65EE4D51-E86E-4162-B450-51B94B6A203F.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Native Californian”

Asher Kelman

Yes it’s with the iPhone but I am still working on the Fuji GFX photograph!
So this celebrates both Mothers’ Day and the meticulous work on a hillside garden of native Californian species.

Asher

Asher Kelman

While we are waiting, I have take a shot with my Fuji GFX.

Here are two versions, each processed in Photoshop CC with the Topaz Simplify Filter.

First in color and very close the the TIFF from the RAW original

1B0166A2-176E-4C8E-AF1D-D321A30E533F.jpeg

Asher Kelman:”Westwanda Natives 1”

Now here’s a desaturated “simplified” version that I fin elegant!

34C5CAC0-B80A-4F92-8C3C-1B0F6807FA33.jpeg

Asher Kelman:”Westwanda Natives 2”

Asher Kelman

1AA98207-4E7D-4AB0-8C48-0D63808079AA.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Westwanda Natives 3”

The last possible picture, I think, of the 4 day cut hillside-cultivated native Californian flowers, with the Fuji GFX and the Fuji 100-200.

This has given me a lot of pleasure. No need for a chaperone, they were not late!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator

67742E54-3D97-4A3C-BBC3-14A513CF49F7.jpeg

Asher Kelman:”Westwanda Natives 1”

This one might be my favorite, peut-être qu'avec un fond uniforme, d'une couleur plus neutre, les fleurs seraient encore plus présentes et "vivantes"… L'arrière plan et le support sont trop présents pour moi… Ils distraient l'œil alors que les fleurs sont magnifiques !

Asher Kelman

Thanks so much for visiting and your comments, Nicolas!

Interesting that you pick the one taken with the iPhone Xs Max and not #3 with the GFX. The flowers were just 2 days from being cut.

I actually enjoy so much the earthen background. So much so that I Long to reproduce it!

I would commend you you #3 as it’s high key, very detailed and the color is still rich.

But it was using kitchen lights and the flowers were too close to the white card b.g.

I am asking for fresh hillside flowers to enjoy this process further!

Asher

James Lemon

The last possible picture, I think, of the 4 day cut hillside-cultivated native Californian flowers, with the Fuji GFX and the Fuji 100-200.

This has given me a lot of pleasure. No need for a chaperone, they were not late!

Asher
63507FE5-F1B8-4238-9D3E-66389803C03C.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Westwanda Natives 3”

I like this hi key version! The foreground brightness,and color, is what brings this around.