• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

music slideshow my photography.

richard owens

i did this slideshow for friends down in the states. we moved from las vegas nv. to vancouver island bc. so you get people asking what dose it look like there ??? so i did this to show what things look like . its hard to say what a rain forest looks like they just dont understand . you try to tell some one what a desert looks like or the southwest looks like . so this was the way i did it . i hope this is ok to post this if not please remove . rick
www.photodex.com go to sharing . to to browse member inter rickowens . let know what you think . on the second show look at the shadow in the first image .

Joe Russo

Richard -

Excellent photographs of the southwest! Very crisp and clear images that would give anyone not familiar with the area a good sampling of what they would find there. And putting them into a slideshow format is an excellent idea. I've done this myself with different subjects ranging from landscape photographs to event images. The folks that I've showed the slideshows to respond very positively to this format.

My only comment about your presentation would be to limit the number of transitions you use when changing images. You want your show to be remembered for the images you present and not the range and number of special effects the software allows you to cram in. I'm not saying that a little variety isn't nice from time to time but in my opinion it should be the exception rather than the rule.

I see that you are using one of the Photodex products. If you are interested in exchanging information with other folks using the ProShow product line you might be interested in looking here - http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/.

richard owens

joe thank you for your time and kind words. i will check the site out this is all new to me still. i use it as a tool to view my work. i see lots of things that i can do better in my photography. the sliseshow edditing makes me look at every image over and over. makes me think how i can do better images likes dislikes. this was the 2nd time to do it. richard

richard owens

i went and checked the site out. i must say that is a great gift that you gave me. i know what you are talking about now! i see lots of things i can do now i will try my best to do better the next time i do one. i love good info and thank you for your time. richard