• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Helpful Hints/D.I.Y.: My current large RingLight project

Will Thompson

Inactive
About to test this RingLight with a Godox AD200PRO today!

View attachment 3231

I f it will not work I will try a AD400PRO

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well there goes the Hensel! That must be running at a very high voltage! Did they design those heads around existing flash tubes or the other way around?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Will,

With your Bulldog drive and focus, we could cure poverty, homelessness and trip at tgecspeed of light!

Congrats on your tube discovery. I must now design for you a case we’d 3D print with just allowance for power (from the Godox 200 pack),

....and a strong tripod mount!

Congrats.

You have the makings of the only ETTL controlled camera ring flash that will be mounted centered on the lens but behind the front of the lens held there by a bracket!

You are a genius!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Will,

I now understand that your new tube has a large enough inside diameter that will now allow us to use the flash ring light with wide angle lenses like the 24-70 which cannot be front mounted wide angle lens would be blocked.

With this geometry and a large enough throat of the ring light even lenses approaching 4” in diameter can be inserted inside that extra wide throat.

I have TTL flat for a walk around event lens like a 24-70 or 24-105 is marvelous!

But how much would one be willing to pay for this ETTL addition to your Godox AD200 Pro portable pack?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Will,

Thanks for the call!

I now understand that dividing the length of the path of the current by splitting the current paths into two sections, cut the voltage required for electrons to move from through the gas!

...and the “free wire” is for connecting to the capacitor to energize the onset of ionization so current can flow!

Brilliant but really not complicated. I now will havecto discover who invented that scheme!

Asher!

Asher Kelman

I am so thrilled that we are going to have automatic flash with focus/modeling lights that can accommodate many of the larger pro lenses. Since Godox (and their Adorama superstore rebranded versions), allow for controlling several strobes from one transmitter, this offers creative fully mobile photography.

For myself, standing in front of my 45” Mola Gantti beauty Dish, Will’s large ring flash will make up for the light blocked by my body and perhaps allows for, (albeit limited), subtle “3D-dimensionality” based on the relative angles of the two.

Amazingly, since Godox has transmitters for all common MFR cameras, I get to use my cameras incident light measurement off the sensor to contrrol the flash output!

Asher

Asher Kelman

You are unstoppable!

Kudos!

Now please explain this part of your project to exploit Godox to the Max!

Asher