• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My first composite(or whatever)...

Bill Graham

The weekend before last, a friend and I took off to shoot in the GSMNP. Saturday morning found us in Cade's Cove, I was shooting through the back door of the old Beech Grove School when some other visitors came in. I was intrigued when the kids started coming in and decided to keep shooting. Looking at the shots, I came up with this:
700719473_tDLQU-L.jpg

As you can see, the first and last images are the same, I felt the repetition brought closure to the series. I played with it a little in PS to see what it would look like as separate images in the same mat, but I think I like it better this way.

Your comments, criticisms, edits and general feelings are welcome and appreciated, as always. You can find a larger version here: , just choose Original for size.

TIA for your help, I'm just a poor nature photog trying to find my way into the "Fine Art" world and need all the help I can get.

Bill

Doug Kerr

Hi, Bill,

The weekend before last, a friend and I took off to shoot in the GSMNP. Saturday morning found us in Cade's Cove, I was shooting through the back door of the old Beech Grove School when some other visitors came in. I was intrigued when the kids started coming in and decided to keep shooting. Looking at the shots, I came up with this:
700719473_tDLQU-L.jpg
I really like it. Very effective.

Ken Tanaka

pro member
I like this very much, Bill. It's a nice conceptual composition. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see artnet report a print being sold for several thousand dollars.

Bill Graham

Thanks for the responses and the encouragement, guys! Shooting at a place like the Park on a busy weekend it's hard to get shots without people in them, so I'm going to make an effort in the future to incorporate visitors in the composition, one way or another. I shot several cabin interiors at long exposures, I wish now I'd done some with people walking through...

I'm going to print it both ways(triptych and composite pano) this weekend and see what it looks like matted.

Thanks again and best to all!
Bill

ErikJonas

Banned

Bill....LOVE THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!....They are simply outstanding!!....

There is one thing if i may....The last 3 pannels theres something in the foreground looks like a leaf or something on the floor...This distracted me while looking at the images...The way i edit is i remove all possible distractions...My eyes go right to that leaf thing and then through the image....Is that a leaf?...Anyway....I would clone that out at the very front edge of the image...Thats just me though....

Great images Bill.....Wow....What are you pricing it at?