• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My first prints sold yesterday!

Wow... I just got a phone call that 2 of my prints sold on an auction for € ______ I am not telling you for how much, simply because money is not the reason why I am sharing that event here with you! <grin>

So, forget about cash and profits for a second....

The reason I am sharing that is because both prints went to charity, sponsoring people who go for an entire month to Malawi - SE Africa - to build a crash for kiddos, and boy what an undertaking!

So, I guess what I am saying is this, there are many people with printers around here, and I would like to take the opportunity to encourage you to look out for projects that you may find worthwhile supporting as well.

:)

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Being Selfless

Congratulations. Bear. That is really great to have done that. Sometimes the sales where we don't reap dollars/Euros/etc in our pockets but fill our hearts with joy are the best kind.

That said, a photographer I know is having a gallery show for Rotary International with 100% of the take going to the RI Polio eradication fund in a few weeks. They expect her to sell about $10000.00. She's very accomplished and wins juried art shows with her work.

Some here may not have money to donate to causes, but, a print or a session is giving of one's self and can line the coffers that will do some pretty amazing things.