• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My guard cat

Lee Roberts

Charlie-sitter.jpg

Yeah, honest, he really does sit like that ALL the time. If the chair is too big for him to put his arm on he just picks another chair. [sigh] :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Lee,

The picture has a lot of impact. The coloring of the cat fur and the basketwork create a good palette.

The book/magazine in the frame does not make immediate sense to me. It might be interesting to me, I cannot as yet tell, if there was more to the book, maybe, the compositon would be wonderful!

However, the wire in the bottom right-hand cormer is certainly foreign to me and perhaps to you.

Since the cat "always" sits like that, why not take more using a cleaner composition.

As a snapshot for your samily, this works as it captures memories.

As a documentary showing the wire, magazine and cloth on the left in the domestic world of cats, this might be fine if we could see more of this context.

If this is a finished artwork, it doesn't work yet for me.

Kind wishes,

asher

Lee Roberts

Hey Asher,

Thanks for the comments. I agree with everything you said. And, as you noted, this was just a quickie image to finally get that 'cat in a chair' preserved. In no way was it intended to be a "creative" endeavor.

Thanks again for taking the time to express your feelings. ;)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Lee!

Well now the appetite has been stimulated!

If the cat is willing to pose, we'll get a new picture?

Asher

Jeff Donovan

Lee, I think our cats look alike, though I'm not sure if they are the same breed or not.

Fluffy is old and sleeps pretty much all day, so action shots are few and far between, but here are a few.

131260984-M.jpg

131260798-M.jpg