• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My Mason Bee update

Paul Iddon

So my mason bees have progressed since the last time I photographed them. Now, the nest has been covered up, and at least one bee is looking into another hole about 10 inches away. I suspect there will be larvae under the cover, and maybe the mason bee that is flying around is look for a new nest site for another generation.

Missed focus a bit on the first...

mason_hole_d_4k_1800-XL.jpg

mason_nest_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

mason_hole_b_4k_1800-XL.jpg

mason_hole_c_4k_1800-XL.jpg

mason_hole_a_4k_1800%20-%20Copy-XL.jpg

Paul.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Your mason bees are so important. They actually can do a lot to protect our ecosystem as they are great pollinators!

80E3B6CB-E3A5-4F77-8A79-B999CA5F93C5.jpeg

Why not buy one of these from Amazon!

Made of bamboo!

Of course no honey from these bees. They are just to save the environment!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I hope you do! Everyone with a garden can pitch in!

It’s a way of helping plants and birds that depend on them survive the stresses of global warming and mismatch of pollinators especially in spring!

Asher