• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My New Blog

Mike Spinak

pro member
I have started a blog for my nature photography business:

http://naturography.blogspot.com/

This blog will be for selling photo instruction in various forms: workshops, seminars, books, videos, private instruction, and so on. The blog will also be for selling pictures, both fine art prints and stock.

It is early on, but I would be very interested in any criticism you care to provide.

My immediate plan is to add the kind of content which shows that I really have something to offer, and then start also advertising instructional stuff.

Any comments about the articles? Are they working for or against what I state, above?

Is there anything I should add, or should take out? (I already know that I need to prominently link to my website; but first I need to re-do my website... my next project.) I just found out about Google Analytics, and added that to my site. Am I missing anything else like that?

Also, how does one begin to drive traffic to a new site?

Also, in your experience, is a blog worthwhile for business?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Too much information!

Hi Mike,

I have a blog too and I haven't started my posting threads on it yet. I too am trying to decide what and how to post on it so I get results.

So I went to read yours and while I don't shoot nature often (well, some flowers and scenics), I glanced and for my taste it was too much information. To me, a blog is a short bit of information. Maybe a weekly set of topics to get people to return for a daily tidbit. If they want more than it can be linked to a website.

I also think you have to write to your targeted market and clearly define it. Who will be your students? Who will buy your work? Maybe find out their interests by doing a survey. That is where I'd start...

Mike Spinak

pro member
Hi, Kathy,

I will give this consideration, but my initial reaction is that I disagree with your "too much information" opinion. I would be interested to hear what others say on the matter, though.