• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My New Blooms

Charlotte Thompson

In my garden a few clover blooms-I'm excited Spring has come to Katy-comments are very welcome*

DSC_0014-2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Charlotte,

I nearly missed this. Sparse clover blooms are hard to put into a composition. I'm glad you have this set available to work with. Some of the flowers are in focus and well imaged. others are not.

I have cropped the picture and made some curve adjustments as an example of what you might experiment with in designing a composition.

I was surprised at the size of your files and that it does not take up an entire page width in your post! Here's my limited attempt to reframe the picture. You will have your own ideas and can re shoot if you wish.

DSC_0014-2_Charlotte Thompson_600pixels.jpg

© Charlotte Thompson Clover Blooms

Working with such small flowers is difficult! A macro set up is really what's needed!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

I added a soft focus in ps for that effect-Spring itself is soft with new beginnings isn't it-
I like you crop or bouquet just as sweet-and yes small flowers are very hard to catch my d40 and new lens afsnikkor 17-55 I am still learning! thanks always for your wonderful take on this little offering-am still studying all possibilites- will be going to my beloved Louisiana this weekend and very mucvh hope to come back with something new-

Rachel

it's in the ps work- I think but also coild be my new lens
I added soft focus to the picture as I told Asher-

Ron

yes I am very very Southern and couldn't even imagine snow in Winter
but You will Have Spring soon as well!!