• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My next project a 400WS RingLight utilizing a Godox AD400PRO as the base power pack.

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
My next project a 400WS RingLight utilizing a Godox AD400PRO as the base power pack.

I am waiting for Godox to release the remote head photos and start shipping them.

I believe it is a viable project.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

I am waiting for Godox to release the remote head photos and start shipping them.

I believe it is a viable project.
That’s pretty powerful!

I think that will be exceptional for a large group shot. The interesting question is how wide before the folk on each side are not adequately exposed?

I think one might need a Godox 200 for edge fall off at each side.

Asher

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
The photos finally showed up of the extension head.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
From the picture above, this is perfect for the time when you have assistants or Sherpas. I can’t imagine me needing 400 watt seconds portable lighting and only that ONE strobe. Likely as not 2 or 4 lights minimal are needed for big jobs as one needs to deal with fall off and often enough, the background being lit too.

When ONE light is sufficient, (for all the situations I come across), I’d only rarely use the full 200 WS of the in my new AD200 Godox-Canon ring light, you so generously built for me!

Asher