• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

National Palace in Centro Historico, San Salvador

Robert Watcher

Anne and I have been wanting to get to the National Palace in Centro Historico, San Salvador. We are visiting Ruta de las Flores near the Guatemala border tomorrow for our 43’rd wedding anniversary - about 5 hours from our home. We decided to travel to San Salvador this afternoon, check out the central district (a few years ago was the most dangerous area in San Salvador) and stay overnight in the city.

I set up my Olympus E-M1 with 11-22mm f2.8 lens on my little tripod - set the camera to the amazing Live Composite setting - and fired away a few shots, stopping the exposure when I liked what was captured.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Anne and I have been wanting to get to the National Palace in Centro Historico, San Salvador. We are visiting Ruta de las Flores near the Guatemala border tomorrow for our 43’rd wedding anniversary - about 5 hours from our home. We decided to travel to San Salvador this afternoon, check out the central district (a few years ago was the most dangerous area in San Salvador) and stay overnight in the city.

I set up my Olympus E-M1 with 11-22mm f2.8 lens on my little tripod - set the camera to the amazing Live Composite setting - and fired away a few shots, stopping the exposure when I liked what was captured.

THis is such a fiery enlivened and creative shot, Robert!

You have really exploited the Olympus’ extra compositional capability well. So for the extra shot, do you set it to “B” or what?

Asher

Robert Watcher

THis is such a fiery enlivened and creative shot, Robert!

You have really exploited the Olympus’ extra compositional capability well. So for the extra shot, do you set it to “B” or what?

Asher

Thanks Asher. To take the photo, the camera is set to Live Composite, and then I watch the image build on the LCD screen - pressing the shutter to stop the exposure when I like the look. With the initial exposure set, I can leave the shutter open for any length of time I want and the image never overexposes.

——