• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Neighbour

Tom dinning

Registrant*
This is my immediate neighbour and his kids. John is a concreter, Greek, 34 years old, swears more than I do - to anyone, including his kids, calls his wife, 'The Wife' or 'She', loves noisy things, thinks he owns the street, is totally ego-centric, has a work ethic that would kill most people, is poorly read, with limited education, is, in his own words 'bigoted equally to all races', calls anyone and everyone 'malaka', 'cu*t', 'co*k', hates frogs and spiders.
He is a devoted family man, Protective of his children, defender of any of his friends, do anything for his neighbours.
I feel very comfortable having him as a neighbour and calling him a friend. I also taught his wife 25 years ago. She says of John: "he's such a bull sh*t artist".
I was taking some portrait shots of the kids for this sitting. They heard their dad come home. The whole city hears John come home. I was not allowed to take another shot until Dad got into it, still wearing the sweat and smell of a 12 hour shift in the stinking heat. No-one minded, least of all me.

DSC_2043

by thedingo0099, on Flickr​

Doug Kerr

Hi, Tom,
This is my immediate neighbour and his kids. John is a concreter, Greek, 34 years old, swears more than I do - to anyone, including his kids, calls his wife, 'The Wife' or 'She', loves noisy things, thinks he owns the street, is totally ego-centric, has a work ethic that would kill most people, is poorly read, with limited education, is, in his own words 'bigoted equally to all races', calls anyone and everyone 'malaka', 'cu*t', 'co*k', hates frogs and spiders.
He is a devoted family man, Protective of his children, defender of any of his friends, do anything for his neighbours.
I feel very comfortable having him as a neighbour and calling him a friend. I also taught his wife 25 years ago. She says of John: "he's such a bull sh*t artist".
I was taking some portrait shots of the kids for this sitting. They heard their dad come home. The whole city hears John come home. I was not allowed to take another shot until Dad got into it, still wearing the sweat and smell of a 12 hour shift in the stinking heat. No-one minded, least of all me.

DSC_2043

What a fabulous shot. Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
DSC_2043

Tom,

Your introduction to the fellow and his family is rich and so helpful in filling out the sense of the man's place in his world.

The picture shows really adorable kids!!

If he'd be in charge of a school, the kids would all end up with a job working, be kindand considerate but not be "politically correct"!

Asher

James Lemon

Hello Tom

Excellent work Tom! I am sure they were more than satisfied with the end result!

Best. regards

James

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hello Tom

Excellent work Tom! I am sure they were more than satisfied with the end result!

Best. regards

James

I did it without asking, James. All it cost was a bit of my time, which I would give willingly, as John does to me. I wanted to show the warmth of this man to his kids and how much they love him. I succeeded withou even trying. It oozes from all of them.