• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New twin flash

Paul Iddon

This is my first post with photos on the forum (I did an intro thread of course). I'm from England - I wonder how many of you are from here too?

My interesting is 99% macro, and even though it pains my knees to find most subjects which have a habit of being low down or at ground level, I still love doing macro.

For Christmas I was fortunate enough to get a new flash gun with twin heads, and having then acquired a special set of diffusers, I continued to add my own diffusion layers in an attempt to get away from those horrid highlights flashguns create.

I use the LAOWA Venus 60mm 2:1 Super |Macro Lens, almost exclusively...

Anyway, having got this new flash unit, I got around to some experimental images, and these are the first four.

I hope you enjoy having a look.

They are of my cat's nose, some strawberries, an old screw and a rusty hinge!

Billys_Nose.jpg

strawberrys.jpg

Rusty_screw.jpg

Rusty_Hinge.jpg

Paul.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Paul I especially like the images of iron fixtures as they have commanding interest and are most original.

Still the cat’s nose is also damn good too!

Asher

Paul Iddon

Thanks Asher.

I have a back catalogue of macro I could share, but I don't want to flood the page!

There's around a 1000 of them on my 2 Flickr pages if any want to ever take the time to look.

Am I OK to put links to them in a signature?

Paul.

Paul Iddon

I have a ringflash as well Will, but it makes macro harder beacuse of the bright half-moon rings it creates.

Paul.