• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

No. 19, 33 Meters Squared

George Holroyd

This is my first post here on the forum and I'd like to start off with a photo from a series that I am currently working on. The photos in the series are a collection of environmental and portraits taken in a small apartment in Paris. The available space is quite restricted and the images try to reflect that, most being tightly cropped rather than traditional portrait compositions. There is also something of a darker, personal element to the series which is a reflection of the toll living in a foreign country, away from family and friends has had on my relationship with my wife, Sarah. My end goal with this body of work is to create a diary of my time here and eventually develop the series into a limited number of handmade photo books.

no-19.jpg

George Holroyd: No. 19

From a series in progress, perhaps "33 Meters Squared"

Any and all feedback and criticism is welcomed.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is my first post here on the forum and I'd like to start off with a photo from a series that I am currently working on. The photos in the series are a collection of environmental and portraits taken in a small apartment in Paris. The available space is quite restricted and the images try to reflect that, most being tightly cropped rather than traditional portrait compositions. There is also something of a darker, personal element to the series which is a reflection of the toll living in a foreign country, away from family and friends has had on my relationship with my wife, Sarah. My end goal with this body of work is to create a diary of my time here and eventually develop the series into a limited number of handmade photo books.

no-19.jpg

George Holroyd: No. 19

From a series in progress, perhaps "33 Meters Squared"

George,

This work is not something one could walk by or ignore. There seems to be an attempt to meet the darkness and still absorb whatever light that could reach her. This is both elegant and dramatic. full meaning will come from seeing more.

This is a formidable start! Kudos!

Asher

George Holroyd

The apartment is one room for the most part, not a lot of space.

We have a table in front of two large windows where we have coffee in the mornings. On this particular morning, my wife had slept wrong and was trying to stretch her neck out. I took several shots and got this one near the apex of her rolling her neck from right to left. The light coming from the courtyard through the partially open window.