• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

No matter how hot your fires are...

...always serve your drinks chilled!

135182185-O.jpg

C&C is welcome!

Creative! Makes me thirsty ;)

Are there speedlights underneath the red sheet?

I think the backlighting on the white drink works very well.

I love the flames.

However, I wish I could see certain things a little better. Like I want to see the lemon peel be brighter and maybe even see more about the red sheet.

It looks like a difficult setup - lots of elements plus melting frost! Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock...

Ed,

Creative! Makes me thirsty ;)
Thank you! :)

Are there speedlights underneath the red sheet?
No, there was only one fill flash on a side

I think the backlighting on the white drink works very well.
I love the flames.
Thanks! :)

However, I wish I could see certain things a little better. Like I want to see the lemon peel be brighter and maybe even see more about the red sheet.

It looks like a difficult setup - lots of elements plus melting frost! Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock...

While I agree in general about the lemon peel and the cloth, this is a possible submission to the "Chilled" contest, hence I was trying to dim/remove anything that was not delivering the message.

And, yes, it was ticking. I had to remove the screen from the fireplace since it was lit by the flash and this created a pure firehazard on the cloth and yes the ice was melting by the seconds. I had to have everything ready, place the glasses, pour the drinks, remove the screen - and after that all I had was 15-20 seconds...

Here is a most current version after a few rounds of updates:

135310332-L.jpg

Once again, thank you for your comments!

Kathy,

Nik -

Very creative use of fire and ice including the fire hazard. Stoli, or Grey Goose or maybe Kamchatka!?

Thank you!

I usually ask for Grey Goose in the bars/restaurants since they almost always have it, but at home I prefer Ketel One :)
It's funny, but being Russian I don't like Russian vodkas.. ;-)