• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

No Vampires allowed, La Push Beach made famous from the Twilight movie series

Jim Olson

Jim Olson

This is a picture just up the road from La Push Beach. A couple of friends came with me the week I brought my motorcycles up from Calif to Wash and they love the area around here.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Yes, this seems to be remnants of an ancient rock-face, washed down to these remnants. But perhaps not!

I wonder, now, whether this rocky feature was man-made to keep some part from flooding? The wood on the rocks could have been stacked there by the waves as the tide goes back and forth over the rocks.

There is an abundant source of such wood!

This beach is part of the Pacific Coastline’s “Olympic Park”, an area lined with many evergreen trees, spruce, Sitka and other trees. So it’s not at all surprising to see giant branches and tree trunks strewn around.

Asher

Jim Olson

Jim,

Those are big bikes and super clean! I see one Honda but what's the closest one?

Asher
Two Hondas & the closest one is a Harley. And they look clean from this angle but we had just finished 1000 mile ride, so there is a lot of bugs on the front lol

Jim Olson

Yes, this seems to be remnants of an ancient rock-face, washed down to these remnants. But perhaps not!

I wonder, now, whether this rocky feature was man-made to keep some part from flooding? The wood on the rocks could have been stacked there by the waves as the tide goes back and forth over the rocks.

There is an abundant source of such wood!

This beach is part of the Pacific Coastline’s “Olympic Park”, an area lined with many evergreen trees, spruce, Sitka and other trees. So it’s not at all surprising to see giant branches and tree trunks strewn around.

Asher

I'm not sure. It could be man made. As for the trees, they are all over the beach.