• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Nude laying on stone ledge

Nude laying on stone ledge.
Foggy day, roof of abandoned Buddhist monastery.

nude-model-14.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

nude-model-14.jpg

A.K. Nicholas: Nude Lying on Stone Ledge[/I]

A.K.,

How on earth did you find this place and is that a pool to the right? I am so impressed by the uniqueness of the picture. I love that she is there in the mist. But how come?

The picture has space free of us. There's tons of opportunity for us to contemplate. I do have questions about the composition in that there seems to be too much foreground. What would you think of the option of cropping the lower part until the thick horizontal line. That would put the model in the left hand corner of the central rectangle of the rule if thirds 3x3 setup.

Thanks for sharing your unusual picture.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, AK,

nude-model-14.jpg
That is a lovely shot.

Upon "logical reflection", I would have thought that the limbs "all akimbo" (what a fabulous old-fashioned term) would confer anything but beauty, yet beauty there is, not only despite it but somehow because of it. The beauty is somehow "strange", not in the sense of being bizarre but perhaps in the sense of being unexpected.

Perhaps most interesting is that although we only see the model's face from a seriously oblique angle, and cannot see much of her form, she comes off to me as extraordinarily lovely.

There are many lessons to be learned from this image about "beauty"!

And don't even think about a re-crop!

I congratulate you for your "eye".

Thanks for sharing this shot with us.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well,

After Doug said, "Don't even think about a re-crop!", I re-visited and now recognize here reflection in the wet foreground stone, so yes, it's all needed! :)

Asher

When shooting this, I was thinking about the converging lines and how they related to the figure. Most of the lines converge on the body, except the parallel rails at the right.

Asher, the area to her right is wet to a depth of a quarter inch of quite cold water, but it is a roof, not a pool.

The real powerhouse here is the model, not the photographer. She braved conditions that most people would prefer to bundle up for.

Aaron