• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Nude on futon

George Holroyd

This image was made in May but I have re-processed it as a proof of concept in follow-up to my work on 33 Meters Squared. Unlike my previous body of work, I am trying to accentuate the mid-tones in order to create a softer, more feminine look.

tumblr_m9u74e8Fge1rxciibo1_1280.jpg

George Holroyd: Nude on Futon

I have in mind the work of Edward Weston and to a lesser extent, Christian Coigny, if those names provide some context.

George

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This image was made in May but I have re-processed it as a proof of concept for a series that I am considering embarking on as a follow-up to my work on 33 Meters Squared. Unlike my previous body of work, I am trying to accentuate the mid-tones in order to create a softer, more feminine look. I have in mind the work of Edward Weston and to a lesser extent, Christian Coigny, if those names provide some context.

George

tumblr_m9u74e8Fge1rxciibo1_1280.jpg

George Holroyd: Nude on Futon

George,

This is a welcome follow-up to your well made series to 33 Meters squared and opens a brighter salon for your new ideas. The tones are now pleasant and allow one to have a more comfortable and relaxed state of mind while experiencing the picture. How are you lighting her?

I don't know which of Edwards weston's nudes you relate this too. I am fascinated with his work too. What is it about Christian Coigny that you find special, while we are at inspirations! I love to learn what moves people and why.

Asher

George Holroyd

Thank you, Asher.

I think the idea of Weston, smooth mid-tones and soft(er) focus is the inspiration here, rather than any direct emulation of a specific work. As for Coigny, I'm a fan of his compositions and would like to pull-back more and capture full body portraits rather than the tight compositions that I've been doing. I'm thinking Weston in processing and Coigny in composition.

Very nice combination of subtle textures. This is one place I know I can go and find nuanced work with appropriate amounts of processing rather than immediate, dramatic lighting.