• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Nude on river bank rocks

Nude on river bank rocks, near waterfall

nude-model-13.jpg

A.K. Nicholas: Nude on River Bank

Lighting: Overcast day
Focal length: 157mm
ISO 100 f/2.1/100 sec.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

nude-model-13.jpg

ISO 100 f/2.1/100 sec.

A.K,

I find the picture enjoyable and beautiful. So pleased you are sharing this. Did you also take pictures near the waterfall where we can see the spray and droplets?

The girls form has a lot of roundness to balance similar forms in the rocks. I do like the positioning but I am wondering about the time of day. It seems like high noon with most of her fully gynecoid body being evenly lit from above. One minor question is what is happening to her from in her right lateral thigh. It appears as if it has been corrected and this has flattened the 3D form of it. Or am I mistaken?

Asher

It was morning, the sun would have been behind her, but the sun was not visible through the thick clouds. There is a good deal of light coming from the sky and rocks without any strong directional light. Since the river is in a valley, there was not a full 180 degrees of sky, so we do get some modeling of surfaces that are perpendicular to the ground. The waterfall was downstream, so below us, to the right of what you see here. She had a tattoo on her upper hip that was covered with makeup, nothing done to alter the thigh.

Asher Kelman

It was morning, the sun would have been behind her, but the sun was not visible through the thick clouds. There is a good deal of light coming from the sky and rocks without any strong directional light. Since the river is in a valley, there was not a full 180 degrees of sky, so we do get some modeling of surfaces that are perpendicular to the ground. The waterfall was downstream, so below us, to the right of what you see here. She had a tattoo on her upper hip that was covered with makeup, nothing done to alter the thigh.

From the overhead clouds you had diffuse light and yet the shadows below her is sharp. So was there a high contrast developer or paper used to make the shadows so hard beneath her waist and feet?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Ladies and gentlemen,

I see a lot of folk visiting but don't comment. Why is that? Do we have a difficulty expressing ideas because of the subject matter or are we just dumb-struck by obvious beauty? Or is this just disappointing without her eye-contact with us?

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

I see a lot of folk visiting but don't comment. Why is that? Do we have a difficulty expressing ideas because of the subject matter or are we just dumb-struck by obvious beauty? Or is this just disappointing without her eye-contact with us?

Impressed, oui. Dumb struck? Moi, jamais!

Actually, I for one was tangled up making 17 complex drawings for an article on the equalization mechanisms of steam locomotive spring systems and working on a deliverable for the Las Vegas High School Alumni Association (and order that got stuck in the pipeline here).

And just now, I'm helping Dutoit conduct Poet and Peasant (Suppé), although he seems to know what I have in mind.

But it's a great shot, and a really gorgeous model (gynecoid to say the least, indeed).

Forensic consideration of the shadows will have to come later.

Ah, the music of the hemispheres!

Best regards,

Doug

Abhijit Biswas

Nicholas,

She is beautiful model with commendable physical attributes! You have stated the challenge of your lighting here. So, no comment on that. Recently I went on the field and had similar situation. I like her pose. But the background behind her head could have been elsewhere. Just little distracting. I also feel that your subject is alsmot at the dead center making the whole image rather static! I would have respositioned her and take more takes!

Your post processing is quite simple and I believe there is a lot of room for improvements. You subject does not stand out much and may be that's what you wanted. But I feel the need to draw viewer's attention on her to see all her glory!

Please do not take my critique as nagative or anything like that. This is just my 2 cents and the other 98 cents are all good and I really appreciate you for sharing this with us.

Best regards!
Abhijit

Hello y'all.

I've been summoned to reappear, and it's for a good cause :)
Yes this is freaking beautiful, not only the lady, but the background as well. In this case I really think black and white helps to blend the subject. I just think the contours of the lady could have been enhanced (a bit of dodge and burn) but not so much. It's one of these cases where the edge is hard to define between perfect and overdone.

As a personal matter I could have deepen the blacks, but that being said, some people could find it too dramatic and fail to retain this softness which for me it's the final intent of the image.

Anyway, a lot of ifs from someone who doesn't have even half of the 10% of the skills to invent, and achieve, such a beauty...

Keep on going lad!
:)

Asher Kelman

Thanks for bringing up the notion that an image can be too dramatic.

This picture has good bones to it so one could process it in a myriad of ways. So,e might like more contrast from the rocks and others would go for softening that difference. I do like the picture but wonder about the other images from this same session!

Asher

Chris Calohan

It is a marvelously posed and exposeed image..lovely model. My only nig is the shadowy area at the bottom right. I'd clone it out.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I'm doing a 'title' thing this morning while I await the onslaught of the grand kids.
Is it necessary to explain its a nude (woman) on a rock near a waterfall? Isn't that obvious? Or is there something in the photo I might mistake for the subject matter other than the aforementioned?
Never mind. No signs of breast implants. Oh, to be young again. Then again, would I appreciate it? I'm finding the more mature woman to my liking these days. Something about the ravages of time wear true and all that.
Does anyone ever take photos of nude blokes on rocks near waterfalls?

Asher Kelman

I'm doing a 'title' thing this morning while I await the onslaught of the grand kids.

For that, I recommend telling them Christine is in charge! They go for that and you can still wiggle your toes and read the paper. That's what I do for the first hour and usually get away with it!

Is it necessary to explain its a nude (woman) on a rock near a waterfall? Isn't that obvious? Or is this something in the photo I might mistake for the subject matter other than the aforementioned?

It's simply to draw folk to that thread or for folk with a braille machine.
Never mind. No signs of breast implants.

Well, I'm not certain. There's little tear dropping shape so it could be either dense natural or else a good plastic job. In these cases inspection for a scar or at the last resort palpation is necessary to be absolutely sure, if you are a really true factive artist.

Oh, to be young again. Then again, would I appreciate it? I'm finding the more mature woman to my liking these days.
You've a very tolerant wife, I must say. Younger women are so obviously for just art, so the wife does not worry. The age appropriate woman is a potential competitor!

Something about the ravages of time wear true and all that.
One can give a young girl a good coat of cocoa butter and she'll be almost as good to you! Not perfect but a pretty close compromise!

]Does anyone ever take photos of nude blokes on rocks near waterfalls?

Yes! The denizens of Venice Beach and Hollywood are known to engage in very amicable get-togethers the most tame part of which is indeed photographing men naked in a waterfall or the waves. sometimes they dispense with the cameras altogether and seem to really get on with each other as if cameras and lights we superfluous to their passion for life. Come vista, you'd have no end of invitations. Mind you, as fellow from down-under, they may be a bit disorientated, at least at first, and not realize which end is up. Still, no doubt they will reach out and touch you deeply and you'll never forget your holiday here!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Asher, there is a copy of Penthouse that was published in Braille. I've had a look and there is a lot lost in the translation. This is a book you really do need to buy for the articles.
A beautiful woman is never lost on me, and no less this one. Perky breasts are always a thing of beauty and worth admiring, even when spread across some rocks near a waterfall. Unfortunately my brain can't get past the sexual pleasures that are denied me and I revert to more mature images of broad landscapes and architectural wonders. I know it's a very working class and chauvinistic approach but, hey, that's me.
I'm sure it's a very tasteful photo, A. K., but my brain says otherwise. Maybe I wasn't breast fed long enough or not enough or whatever the latest in hang up therapy is these days.

Asher Kelman

nude-model-13.jpg

ISO 100 f/2.1/100 sec.

A.K.,

Jim mentions the shadowy area in the lower right. Well I've been thinking about this as to whether or not this demotes the picture or not. I now realize that you do not add any vignetting of the periphery in your image processing. That's something darkroom workers often consider in such a print. digital photography as brought out a value in more uniform illumination. but if we did have vignetting, then the lower right corner shadow would be a valuable enhancement, something to consider.

Of course, I do not advocate you changing one iota of your image, just wonder if you consider such vignetting as a way of putting more weight on the model?

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Asher, you're tempting me.
Don't expect to say things like this and get away with it

Of course, I do not advocate you changing one iota of your image, just wonder if you consider such vignetting as a way of putting more weight on the model?

Im pissing myself laughing here at my own devious sense of humour and can't share it since you put an embargo on me.

Asher Kelman

Me too, LOL!!!! I meant to increase attention, not to add to her girth or mass!

A.K.,

The picture is really well done. I now realize that only the lower left corner could need some added shading. The others are already toned down naturally. It could also be that there was some corner treatment done already, but the left lower corner lags behind a tad.

Asher