• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

OK, I'll be first!

Cem_Usakligil

Here are my cats: Boogie and Jinx (both ragdolls)

Jinx lazing in the bike basket:
jinx1.jpg

Boogie sleeping!
boogie1.jpg

Boogie looking mean!
boogie2.jpg

Enjoy!

Cem

Last edited by a moderator:
A question for serious cat people

How common are the large, tufted ears that you see in this member of our famiily?

62131051.jpg

He was left by his mother on one of our graduate students' doorstep, raised bottle-fed in the lab and to this day is fond of sleeping on computer keyboards.

scott

Erik DeBill

scott kirkpatrick said:
How common are the large, tufted ears that you see in this member of our famiily?

I think tufted ears are unusual, but not actually rare.

Mine's still young, but he's got the large ears part :) The challenge is getting him to sit still long enough for a picture.

364-6498-dog_portrait-pad.jpg

The other pet that gets photographed occasionally is perhaps more of a challenge. Shriek wants to be perched ON me. The best technique I've found so far is to use a 50mm macro.

296-9612-Shriek-pad.jpg

I'm about to embark on a project with a bunch of newly born guppies, but those won't be sappy pet portraits :)

Don Lashier

Erik DeBill said:
I'm about to embark on a project with a bunch of newly born guppies, but those won't be sappy pet portraits :)

Fish are pets too! and a very tough subject, I've got some I'll post shortly.

- DL

Mary Bull

I think more common in oriental cats than in domestic shorthairs. Thistle's are a bit tufted. Although he was a rescue at 4 months, of unknown venue, the vet thought he is a Burmese blue.

But, I'm not an authority.

Mary Bull

I don't know--would be challenge shooting through glass and water! Just Do It!

I love your cat, and your bird, also.