• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

On-line proofing?

Marcel Walker

pro member
Anybody have any great suggestions for on-line proofing systems?

I do not want to a program like insta-proofs where they take 15%. I have on a system built into my web template but it doesn't work very well.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonjour Marcel
Do you mean proofing for printing or getting client approval?

For the later we do send low res PDF...

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Hello Marcel,
Like Nicolas I, too, have used low-res Acrobat files (as contact sheets) for emailing to clients and designers. Equally often, however, I use online galleries. (An example of just such an assignment gallery from last spring.) Using HTML-formatted galleries makes it simple for correspondents to email direct links to specific images for discussion.

Lightroom, my primary image management platform, makes either method quite easy to employ. Selection really depends largely on what your contra-party is most comfortable with.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Ken

I was talking for ads and brochures (prints) to be approved.

For photo selection, I use online galleries (1000 pix) with an hidden URL so that client only can see them...